Sunday, February 26, 2006

Current and Future Projects

I have two projects on the needles at the moment.

A pair of socks in a beautiful self-striping yarn that I have had going for about 6 months... I am bad about that with socks. I have this tiny little tote bag and socks are always my 'travel' project. So if I am not going anywhere they don't get attention.

The other project is something I have wanted to make for almost 2 years and finally got started about a month ago. It's a scarf made from off-white and brown double strand (to look like the tweed that sock monkey socks are made out of) with a band at either end in solid off-white. And a little bit of red thrown in somewhere for the complete color palate of Sock Monkeys. I attempted this scarf in worsted weight wool the first time, but it was ~way~ too bulky. I decided on sport weight cotton. I am about a third done. I made my own chart for one end and haven't decided what I'll make for the other side. I am happy with how the fabric is coming out. It is heavier than I thought it would be. Cotton always seems heavier than I think it will be. :)

I'd like to make some sort of archive of past finished projects. I don't really know how to go about that though.

For future projects. I would like to make a pinwheel baby blanket for a friend of mine, who is due in 4 months. Also, I'd like to make that beautiful corset top of Annie Modesitt's to wear to my cousin's wedding this summer.

Happy Crafting,
Tamara

No comments: