Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Favorite Slippers

These are my favorite slippers to make. I've made 4 pairs so far and have requests for about 8 more. Then, maybe, I'll make a pair for myself.

Here are a few of shots of them pre and post felted. Please excuse my foot. (I was using it for scale) ;-)

On this pair I used a contrast color on the band at the bottom. It is barely visible in this shot.

These are a couple of pair I made for a wedding. Her favorite color is green and his is orange. :)

His are actually too big, but he says he doesn't mind.

And finally my kitty cat. She can't stand not investigating anything I put on the floor to take pictures of. So, sometimes I take her picture. :) It's kinda funny. When I am trying to take her picture she never co-operates, but if I am trying to get a picture of something else she's all over it. hee hee.... cats

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the slippers - it always amazes me how huge things need to be pre-felting! So cute and so is your cat!

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy monkey down under in new Zealand. Rule 1 should be, make a pair for your self first - let the others wait !!!

Tamara said...

Hey commenters!

Thanks for coming to look and saying hi!

I will try and remember the Rule Kia. ;)

Kelley said...

Love these slippers! Where can I find the pattern?

Kelley said...

Love these slippers! Where can I find the pattern?

Tamara said...

Thanks Kelley!
The pattern is made by Fiber Trends It's on page three of that link, just click next twice.
They don't sell patterns directly to people, so you have to get it from a yarn shop, but they have links to shops that sell thier stuff on-line. :)
This is the pattern name/number AC-33X
FELT CLOGS